Developement env.

Topics: Developer Forum
Aug 18, 2006 at 6:53 PM
Hi,

I want to view the code and see what can i do for issues etc. (in order to see my own abilities :) ) If i can solve some issues, i will ask what i will do at that time. (so let's say; this is my first online contribution tryout :) )

What do i need exactly? fxcop and NUnit is a must? or using vs2005 Team System is enough?

thanks.
Burak
Coordinator
Sep 3, 2006 at 12:38 AM
Hi, first of all thanks for your interest. In order to be able to build VSCmdShell you will need WiX, FxCop, NUnit and Windows PowerShell. Versions required are listed at the home page for VSCmdShell project.

Once you install those, you can download the source code and edit VSCmdShell.Settings.targets file to specify location of the tools. Then you can build the project using the scripts located at Verification Scripts directory. Homepage also contains more information on how to do this.

You don't need Team System to contribute or build the project, but you will need Team Explorer to be able to contribute (or Team System). There is more information on how to use Team Explorer at this page:

http://www.codeplex.com/Wiki/View.aspx?ProjectName=CodePlex&title=Connecting%20to%20a%20CodePlex%20Project%20using%20Team%20Explorer