Running the provided build and test scripts
VSCmdShell contains scripts for building and testing modifications to the source code. You can find these scripts under the
To perform a build, run the following from the command prompt
build.cmd [clean rebuild] [debug release fxcopdebug fxcoprelease]
- clean and rebuild are the build types
- debug, release, fxcop-debug, and fxcop-release are the different build configurations.
- debug and release configurations build VSCmdShell and then build and run its installer.
- The FxCop configurations build VSCmdShell and then run FxCop on its assemblies.
To run a VSCmdShell test pass, run the following from the command prompt
runtests.cmd [debug release]
- runtests.cmd runs the VSCmdShell unit tests.
More information is available in the VSCmdShellTestPlan.doc under the doc