The 1.0 version of VSCmdShell provides
- Hosting of Windows Command Shell (cmd.exe) and Windows PowerShell in a Visual Studio tool window
- Customization options presented under Tools - Options - Power Toys
- Extensibility support to host other shells within VSCmdShell - refer to the design doc (found in any source code download) for more information.
New features in 1.1 version of VSCmdShell are:
- Better auto completion of filenames.
- Ability to restart VSCmdShell session
- Ability to determine starting directory based on number of choices such as current project directory, current solution directory or a custom choice.